Saturday, March 13, 2010

Our First "Vacation"

The girls watching their "Baby Can Read Video"





Audrie exploring the new place.









The girls picking on Daddy.



So I thought I would tell you a little bit about our 1st vacation with the girls, not counting Kansas of course. I'm not sure if that counts as a vacation or not :)

Justin & I have been wanting to go snowboarding forever. I got new snowboarding boots 2 years ago and still hadn't used them; with being pregnant, etc we just hadn't had a chance. So we decided to load the girls up and go. We had to find a nanny to watch them, which I was a little aprehensive about. I hadn't left them with anyone since they were 8 weeks old. For this reason & since I'm still nursing we decided on 1/2 days. They did better then expected! By the 2nd day with the nanny, they acted like I was old news. Ellie was a little slower to warm up to her, which was surprising. Usually it's Audrie that is a little more cautious. This trip, Audrie was the perfect baby. She was SO laid back.



I was amazed that when we first got to the house where we were staying, the girls played for awhile & then it was time for their nap. I thought, "Oh no, here we go." I figured being in a strange place, sleeping in a pack n play they would fight me on taking a nap. To my surprise, they fell asleep immediately without so much as a whimper.

Justin & I had a great time. While Justin is used to leaving the girls everyday it was a little strange for me. The nanny and I kept texting back and forth and she assured me they were doing great.. It was really nice to get away though and just hang out with my hubby.

After this trip, we decided we need to start having more time to ourselves. I think we're going to try to make more of an effort to leave the girls with someone every month or so & go to a movie, out to dinner, etc.

No comments:

Post a Comment